McLean Real Estate
McLean is a well-established community with homes ranging from older communities of small homes, to high-rise condominiums and palatial estates. Beautiful tree-lined streets make it a community of pleasant living. Local shopping boutiques are located throughout downtown McLean and for major shopping. Tysons Corner and Tysons Galleria are well-known throughout the region for upscale shopping. Inova Fairfax Hospital and Arlington Hospital are nearby. Metrobus service to D.C., Rosslyn and Ballston Metrorail Station make it a great location for commuters. And…a new McLean Metrorail station is currently under construction.
For recreation, McLean has an abundance of parks, ball fields, public tennis courts (many lighted), and an indoor tennis center. Activities include arts and crafts programs, Little league baseball, soccer, wrestling, softball, baseball, tennis and swimming. Other sites include the early American Farm at Turkey Run Farm Park, Lewinsville Park with conservation area, garden plots, soccer and baseball fields and handicapped accessible areas. The McLean Community Center offers activities for children and senior citizens. And lastly, the Spring Hill Recreation Center offers classes, swimming and racquetball courts.
There is something for everyone in McLean. Local events include:
• Taste of McLean, by McLean Community Center: Sample cuisine of local restaurants
• 18th Century Spring Market Fair, at Claude Moore Colonial Farm: crafts and entertainment
• Youth Art Show, by McLean Project for the Arts
• Annual Community Awards Banquet, by the Greater McLean Chamber of Commerce
• McLean Community Garage Sale, by McLean Community Center
• McLean Little League Opening Day Parade; T-ball through Majors
• Farmer’s Market: Fridays in Lewinsville Park with farmers from VA, MD, & PA
• McLean Day: music, crafts, rides, and family festivities in Lewinsville Park
• Father’s Day Family Concert at the McLean Community Center: the McLean Orchestra
• Fourth of July Celebration and Fireworks at Langley High School
• McLean Madness, Masquerade Gala
• Fall Fun Fest, at McLean Community Center: Music, dance, food, games, prizes
• Rotary Cup Football Game, Langley vs. McLean
• Annual Auction and Casino Night, by the Greater McLean Chamber of Commerce
• Annual Crafts Show, at McLean Community Center
• Holiday Homes Tour, by The Women’s Club of McLean
• ‘Reindog’ Parade, by the Greater McLean Chamber of Commerce (first Saturday of December)
• Holiday Tree Lighting with Santa, by the Greater McLean Chamber of Commerce
Lastly, organizations abound……. American Legion, American Association of University Women, Art Club, Booster Club, Business & Professional Women’s Club, Citizens Association, Civitan, DAR, Eastern Star, Garden Club, Green Room Players, Horse Show Association, Jaycees, Junior Women’s Club, Job’s Daughters, Kiwanis, Lions, Masons, Rotary Club and many more.
Use the free online HTML tidy to compose similar articles in your web browser.